This week’s theme is spontaneity.
Things that are spontaneous:
– Hagrid playing cards with a hooded stranger in a pub and winning a dragon egg (Norbert)
– Bathilda buying bus tickets on a Friday afternoon to visit Rosmerta for the weekend *the link goes to this video
– Adding cherries
– Sharing said brunch with you lovely people!
Needless to say, our spontaneity ended better than Ron’s and Hagrid’s.
Here’s the recipe for our spontaneous french toast, and we wish you an adventurous day!
Fig Jam and Brie Stuffed French Toast
Serves 2; easily scaled up or down; no syrup required!
- 4 slices of bread (we used multigrain)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3-4 Tbsp. fig jam/preserves
- 4 oz. brie
- Handful of fresh cherries, sliced (optional)
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Spread jam on one side of each piece of bread.
- Slice brie about 1/4 inch thick, and place slices on top of jam on 2 of the pieces of bread. Close sandwiches by topping with the other 2 pieces of bread.
- Dredge sandwiches in egg mixture, flipping once to coat both pieces of bread.
- Place in hot, greased skillet or griddle. Flip to brown both sides.
- Top with cherries.