Hello there, D.R.A.G.O.N.S. (Dear Readers And Gawkers at Our Nourishing
Sorcery), and welcome to Muggle Food! Let us introduce ourselves. We are Bathilda Bagshot — avid cook and author of, among many other bestsellers, the famous text A History of Magic — and Madam Rosmerta, owner of The Three Broomsticks Inn and Pub in Hogsmeade.
Happy first of September! We hope that all of you Hogwarts students have had safe travels and are enjoying your first day back at school.
In honor of this occasion, we have made a special treat: Mrs. Weasley’s Oversized Blueberry Muffins.
The recipe can be found in the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook.
Mrs. Weasley’s Oversized Blueberry Muffins with Crunchy Tops
from the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temp.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pint blueberries
- turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Grease and flour muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until smooth, add sugar and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Drizzle in melted butter while whisking.
- Whisk in lemon zest and vanilla.
- Fold in flour mixture and sour cream alternately, beginning and ending with flour.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.